Monday, March 31, 2014

Rocket 88

Rocket 88:



Recorded in 1951 at Memphis' Sun Studio, it was credited to Jackie Brenston and his Delta Cats, who were actually Ike Turner's Kings of Rhythm. This is the first ever rock 'n' roll record.

lyrics:
You women have heard of jalopies,
You heard the noise they make,
Well, let me introduce my new Rocket '88.
Yes it's straight, just won't wait,
Everybody likes my Rocket '88.
Baby will ride in style,
Movin' all along.

V-8 motor and this modern design,
Black convertible top and the gals don't mind
Sportin' with me, ridin' all around town for joy.

Blow your horn, Raymond, blow!

Step in my Rocket and don't be late,
Baby, we're pullin' out about half past eight.
Goin' round the corner and get a fifth
Everybody in my car's gonna take a little nip.
Ooh, goin' out,
Boozin' and cruisin' along.

No comments:

Post a Comment