Saturday, July 20, 2013

Lichterman Nature Center Lake


I went to the Lichterman Nature Center a few days ago and walked the lake trail. It was a pleasant day, with a high in the 80s, sunshine and a pleasant breeze. The Lichterman has its own Wikipedia entry and Facebook page.






I saw plants and flowers. There were a lot of geese. I saw and heard animals, including a small, dark heron and some frogs I didn't get pictures of and red-eared sliders, which I did:


Most of what I saw around the lake was water lilies:


Millions of water lilies!

Here's a picture of part of the lake from the back of the Visitor Center:




4 comments:

  1. Looks like a neat park.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is! it's 65 acres of lake, woodland and meadow in the middle of the city.

      Delete
  2. Wow. Looks like a day well spent. Love those water lillies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's beautiful there, but the waterlilies are so invasive they've had to drain the lake in the past because the water lilies had it so choked. we like them anyway ;)

      Delete