Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Genre Books You Must Read

Floor to Ceiling Books shares a list of "Genre Books You Must Read" from a panel at Alt Fiction:
Robinson Crusoe
Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift
Mythago Wood by Robert Holdstock
Lavondyss, the sequel to Mythago Wood
the work of Jonathan Swift
the plays of Euripides (some of them)
The Wizard of Earthsea by LeGuin
Dragon Prince by Melanie Rawn
The Man Who Was Thursday by G K Chesterton
The Short Timers, by Gustav Hasford
Glen Cook's Black Company
Use of Weapons by Iain M. Banks
Morte D'Arthur, written by Sir Thomas Malory
The Once and Future King
Something Wicked This Way Comes by Bradbury
Pet Sematary by Stephen King
Jack Finney's Time and Again:

Ones I've read are in bold print. It was fun seeing so many old classics mentioned.

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed Pet Sematary, it made me feel like I was living in the story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any King except Bag of Bones. I liked that one. I've got Duma Key in my tbr stack.

    ReplyDelete