Today is World Turtle Day, a day set aside for people around the world to appreciate turtles and tortoises. The Humane Society suggests 12 Things to Do for Turtles and Tortoises:
1. Help Stop the Asian Turtle Crisis.
2. Get Turtles out of U.S. Live Animal Markets.
3. Don't Pollute or Litter.
4. Protect Turtle and Tortoise Habitat.
5. Stop Turtle and Tortoise Exploitation.
6. Give Them a Brake.
7. Enjoy Turtles and Tortoises in the Wild.
8. Do Not Disturb.
9. Turn Out the Lights.
10. Report Crimes.
11. See What You Can Do.
12. Spread the Word.
There are details on how to participate in these activities at the site.