Thursday, May 08, 2008

Theatre Memphis' Room Service

Theatre Memphis' Room Service got a lot of laughs from their large audience tonight and spontaneous applause at several points during the play. I'm only familiar with the play as the inspiration for the Marx Brothers movie by the same name, but I enjoyed seeing the play itself. I think Theatre Memphis did a great job with this one. My only beef with them right now is that the promise of a Shakespeare play each season has been broken after, what... 2 seasons? Oh, and too many big honkin' musicals. But I'm weird.

ArtsMemphis.org has a couple of photos. MemphisDailyNews.com has an interview with director Kell Christie. Christopher Blank has a video review of this play and a play at another theater here. His video presentation includes an excerpt from the play.

The Kansas City Repertory Theatre has a guide to the play online.

No comments:

Post a Comment