Sunday, April 28, 2013

The Mouse Whisperer

I quit reading short stories in high school. They were, oh, I don't know, so short! I read lengthy novels and books that ran more toward the trilogy form. Lately, though, I started fondly remembering all those science fiction short stories from my youth and thought I'd seek out some online. They do seem readily available online. I'm surprised at how bad most of them are. I don't even finish them. I'm finding some I enjoy, though, and The Mouse Whisperer, a fantasy tale by Tara Campbell, is one of those. The title character is the daughter of an exterminator killed on the job. She takes on the business but fulfills her mission in an unusual way. I got a kick out of this one.

HT: SF Signal

I read this for the Once Upon a Time Challenge Short Story Quest.

No comments:

Post a Comment