Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Robert Wise Blog-a-thon


Today begins the Robert Wise Blogathon hosted by Octopus Cinema. They have a list for pre-reading and are adding posts as writers submit them. It looks great already. I just love blogathons. They give me an excuse to watch movies I might otherwise not see.

The wikipedia article on Robert Wise is here. FilmReference.com says, "Through the wide range of his work, Wise proved himself to be a highly versatile director." The American Film Institute has information on him. Bright Lights Film Journal has an interview. Memory Alpha's page is here.

I'll add links here as I see more movies by him:

The Body Snatcher (1945)
The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951)
The Haunting (1963)
The Andromeda Strain (1971)

I saw more of his movies before I started blogging than I've seen since. It may be time to re-visit some of them. I don't have any of his films in the stack to be watched.

Now, on to the pre-reading!

The picture at the top of the post came from Octopus Cinema.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mention, I'll be sure to add your links to the pre-reading section!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:26 PM

    The Day... is one of my favorite movies. I think Andromeda Strain is underrated. I enjoyed it a lot.
    A pal

    ReplyDelete