Monday, July 31, 2023

Le Samourai

Le Samourai is a 1967 neo-noir crime thriller film starring Alain Delon. I watched it on Max, as I steadily work my way through my watchlist on that service.

trailer:



Criterion calls Alain Delon's performance "career-defining" and calls the film "An elegantly stylized masterpiece of cool". Roger Ebert has it on his list of Great Movies. 100% of the Rotten Tomatoes critics gave it a positive review.

*******


I planted some seed labeled as "butterfly mix" back in the spring. So far this is all I have to show for it:



*******


We finished our re-watch of Good Omens season 1 and have now finished season 2. I'm delighted with this, though heartbroken (cries tears), and am looking forward to a third season. I'm re-watching the X Files late at night in an attempt at fighting the persistent insomnia, but I swear X Files is not as filled with conspiracy theories as the House Hearing on Unidentified Anomalous Phenomena. I weep for America. You can watch it here:



or read a transcript at the C-SPAN web site.

16 comments:

  1. Your butterfly mix has leaves, so that's something. We just finished Season2 of Good Omens. Loved it and hope there is a 3rd season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping that eventually there'll be flowers :)

      Delete
  2. I've not yet heard of good omens. Have a great week, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Omens is definitely worth looking for.

      Delete
  3. ...you attracted a caterpillar, perhap a butterfly will be on its way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have gotten no traction so far with Good Omens although it is on my watchlist. I do love Michael Sheen, David Tennant, Frances McDormand, Jon Hamm, and Miranda Richardson. Goodness I guess I need to watch this show! In other news, If I planted a seed -- any seed -- in some dirt, it would not grow. Not even leaves. I am doom to all plants. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm spreading the good news of good omens lol Give it a try ;)

      I've learned not to give plants a 3rd try if they don't grow for me

      Delete
  5. At least you got something from those seeds you planted, Maybe you will get flowers soon. One can hope.

    I watched part of the hearings, but I could only take so much of it before I simply couldn't watch any more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll be interesting to see what they do.

      Somebody on FB was saying she had watched it twice and read the transcript, but she's a True Believer lol

      Delete
  6. I haven't gotten to Good Omens yet in my watchlist. Glad to hear a good review. :) I will try to take some time to listen to at least part of the House Hearing. Not sure how long I will last if our "leaders" get too embarrassing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so _gullible_! I mean, I'm assuming they're not manipulative liars and that they actually believe all this, but you never know...

      Delete