Thursday, July 27, 2023

Everything Everywhere All at Once

Everything Everywhere All at Once is an award-winning 2022 film starring Michelle Yeoh, Stephanie Hsu, Ke Huy Quan, Jamie Lee Curtis, Jenny Slate, Harry Shum Jr., and James Hong. What fun!

trailer:



Roger Ebert's site gave it 3.5 out of 4 stars. 93% of Rotten Tomatoes critics gave it positive reviews. The BBC has a post making all kinds of interesting connections.

*******


I tend to treat movies and television like some people treat music, which is to say I keep it on much of the time without sitting still in front of it for long periods. In addition to the movies I watch, I watch a lot of series shows. Lately I'm watching the new seasons of What We Do in the Shadows, Futurama, and Strange New Worlds. We just finished a re-watch of Good Omens season one in preparation for the release of the second season.

16 comments:

  1. I was not as much of a fan of this movie as the majority of others, I guess. Was unique, I'll give it that. I don't care much for that slapstick-type, juvenile, trying-to-shock you humor. (Like Bridesmaids, too--totally baffles me.) But some of it made me chuckle, I'll admit. Different strokes for different folks, I guess. Got Oscars and everything, so obviously a lot of people really thought highly of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband wasn't a fan, either. He said he just didn't get the point, and I see that.

      Delete
  2. Much action but... kinda (too) weird for me.
    I restarted Qantum Leap again :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks really good and something Himself might even like

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one is on my watch list. Looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I thought so. Fun. And different.

      Delete
  5. I'm watching Strange New Worlds too. Not sure I like it quite as much as last season, but there are some good episodes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We think some of the episodes are just a bit too much like plots from the original series, but I see what they're trying to do.

      Delete
  6. I've heard good things about this movie & saw it on the "Movie or Book?" table at the library & put my name on the list for book. I wonder which will be my turn first; book or movie? (col).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't realized it was from a book!

      Delete
  7. ...often I don't get the point either. Slow on the uptake?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not at all. I know sometimes my husband doesn't get the point because it's just not something he's looking for in a movie.

      Delete
  8. That's how I do TV too. Unless it's really engaging or something I like -- I just keep it for the noise. Helps my tinnitis. (I know NO ONE who saw this movie who liked it!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, and a few of my FB friends did, but my husband? No. Mixed reviews at our house.

      Delete