Saturday, June 07, 2014

10 Thought-Provoking Science Fiction Movies

Pop Matters (via SF Signal) has a list of The Top 10 Thought-Provoking Science Fiction Films:
#1 - 2001: A Space Odyssey
#2 - Solaris
#3 - The Fountain
#4 - Children of Men
#5 - Soylent Green
#6 - Blade Runner
#7 - Primer
#8 - Dark City
#9 - Planet of the Apes
#10 - Metropolis

Pop Matters explains the concept explored in each film that makes it "thought-provoking". I've seen all but The Fountain. I really need to see that one; it shows up on a lot of lists.

2 comments:

  1. I saw the The Fountain quite recently - it is a very special and beautiful film. I warn you, though, it´s about death and love and it is likely to make you cry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i actually ended up watching it yesterday, and it is a beautiful film. hard to watch, tho, you're right about that. i think it might do me good to watch it again. it does speak to some current issues.

      Delete