Sunday, January 26, 2014

Things You Can't Say While Following Jesus


Well, you can say these things -many people do- but you can't claim you're doing it because you are following Jesus. So, here's Sojourner's list:
1) There are no atheists in a foxhole.
2) Have you heard about Jesus?
3) Because the Bible tells me so (or “it’s in the Bible”).
4) It's okay to judge.
5) Love the sinner, hate the sin.
6) I must be living right.
7) But for the grace of God, there go I.
8) God never gives us more than we can handle.
9) God needed another angel.
10) Everything happens for a reason.
Their annotations explain why these are all bad things to say.

I kinda like this list. I have to admit I've said, "I must be living right" when I've found a great parking spot, but it was a joke. I had no idea people said that and meant it.

No comments:

Post a Comment