Saturday, February 23, 2013

The Edge Coffeehouse

The Edge CoffeeHouse, The Old Edge at 532 S Cooper

I met a friend at The Edge coffeehouse one afternoon recently for coffee. Well, she had coffee; I had chamomile tea. Neither of us had ever been there before. Their drink menu is online here. It was very nice. It was not crowded, though several people came in and got to-go drinks. It is obviously a place that does most of its business at night. There's space for a band in the front.

There is a sign in the front window that aims a gun at me and warns me that I don't need to worry about the dog but do need to worry about the owner. Bummer. How welcoming /sarcasm. I'm never amused by threats from gun-toting nuts.

I'd like to go back and eat. Their food menu is online here, and I'd like to try their chili and maybe that catfish dinner plate. I'm just not sure I can walk up to that threatening sign again.

The Memphis Flyer describes it here. The Urban Spoon likes it. Yelp's recent reviews are few and mixed.

It was a cold gray day when we went, and I didn't get a picture. The one at the top of the post came from The Edge Coffeehouse MySpace page.

No comments:

Post a Comment