Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Tea Sticks


Tea Sticks were a mystery to me when I first saw them at a local Chinese restaurant. It seems just like a tea bag only worse. I still don't understand the point. The Husband bought 2 boxes of them, and one box was something called "American Breakfast" blend from Petit Tea. The web site says,
Each Tea Stick is factory filled with right amount of tea and no matter how long you steep, your tea will not get bitter. You get a Perfect Cup of tea, every time, any time.
How is that even possible? I'm not a big fan of the tea or of tea in this form. The disposable tea sticks seem to provide more waste than a tea bag, and if you're going to get re-usable ones why not just use a traditional infuser?

The cup is one I only use in the winter. It says "Royal Norfolk" on the bottom. I enjoy having cups I change out seasonally. Variety is the spice of life, and variety in small things is often enough.

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:03 AM

    I guess the sticks _are_ an ecological "ouch!"
    -- A Pal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's just new to me, and i am not feelin' it.

      Delete
  2. Tea sticks? Never heard of them. Perhaps it is a new marketing ploy. I usually prefer to use loose but admit I would probably buy tea sticks if I saw them, just out of curiosity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. trying them has been a bit of fun -a new way to drink tea. i don't see any advantage, though, and the waste does seem unnecessary

      Delete
  3. I have never seen tea sticks. We use PG Tips, an English tea. They are teabags, but they don´t taste like teabags. But tea never taste at home like it tastes in England. It´s the quality of the milk, probably.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm trying to picture how it works but it doesn't sound like a sound environmental choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the disposables function like tea bags, and the reusable ones function like tea infusers. i'm just not seeing how it's an advantage over either. i wonder what the draw is besides the fact that it's different.

      Delete
  5. Anonymous7:15 AM

    Think of it as a disposable, pre-loaded tea infuser. That's the function in a nutshell.
    -- A Pal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes. indeed. and it's better how? i'm missing something here....

      Delete
  6. Anonymous7:21 AM

    Not recommending it at all; just trying to describe it to the unfamiliar.
    -- A Pal

    ReplyDelete