Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Scream!


I've always thought The Scream mug was more suited to coffee drinking than tea, for some reason. It's another of the mugs I get out for use during the dark, dismal, SAD-inducing days of Winter. I never fill the cup, always pouring less than half a cup so as to keep it hot. I don't like it once it cools off.

The coffees were both presents from The Daughter. There wasn't enough of either to make, so I combined the two and came up with 4 cups of tasty, lightly flavored coffee. It seems 4 cups of coffee is what I need to keep away all kinds of health problems: depression, gout, oral cancer, Alzheimer's, heart disease, type 2 diabetes, and no telling what else.

Hoorah! Coffee is good for me!

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:22 AM

    Coffee is good for all of us!
    -- A Pal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the elder son says i don't drink nearly enough. he aims for 8 cups a day. i take my hat off to him.

      Delete
  2. Great mug. I usually have two cups of java in the morning and that's it. Maybe I need to up my intake. I make the strong stuff tho - Peets French or Italian roast.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my older son honestly says 8 cups a day. i think i'd float away! i love the strong stuff, too. when we buy coffee we tend to get maxwell house or folgers in the big tubs at the grocery store. we read a review once that called such coffees "floor sweepings" ;) our daughter is good about buying us "real" coffee for presents, and i love the italian coffees i've had. i'll have to look online for peets french. i've never heard of that. thx!

      Delete
    2. aha! https://www.peets.com/coffee/coffee-shop-by-category-top-sellers/french-roast.html

      Delete