Tuesday, February 26, 2013

If I had Unlimited Kitchen Storage

I'd look into these drawers from The Kitchn:


My system works for me, even though the potatoes and onions are too close to each other:


and I'll probably never have more kitchen storage than I do right now. This kitchen is much smaller than the last place we lived, and I'm sure the next place will be even smaller as we downsize. I am not anything like a gourmet cook, and my needs for storage are actually small. The things I got rid of to move here were of more sentimental than practical value. I gave The Evil Sister the glass refrigerator dishes and the glass juicer and some other keepsakes that The Grandmother gave me years ago. When we re-habbed the kitchen, we gave up some cabinet storage in favor of a pull-out garbage/recyclable unit. We love that!

Every once in a while I see some kitchen lovely that makes my heart sing, but then I realize what I have probably works best for me.

HT: Apartment Therapy

8 comments:

  1. I had to go through my translator to leave you a reply, but I was glad you stopped by today. This is my first time here, at least I believe it is, but I loved the apartment therapy post, as well as your Scream. That is one awesome mug!! And I'm a big coffee fan, too, except on Tea Tuesday of course.

    We used to have a host for Tea Tuesday, but one day without even letting anyone know, she just quit hosting. Now we sort of flounder around, although I've tried to keep it going. I would LOVE for you to join in. Any post is welcome. No need to drink tea, just use the day to spotlight something good to drink. Thanks for asking and commenting on my blog post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. count me in for tea tuesday, then. it's such a fun concept. i subscribe to your blog through google reader so i see your posts, and i've started posting something tea/coffee related on tuesdays.

      i've been enjoying your blog posts. thanks for coming by here and the welcoming spirit about tea tuesday :)

      Delete
  2. Oh we have a very narrow kitchen right now with little to no cupboard space. Drives me crazy. I dream of having some type of organization someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i just fill up all available space, no matter how much or how little space i have. it always amazes me how that works ;)

      Delete
  3. I used to dream of a big kitchen with lots of storage (particularly cold and freezing), then I realized that with just the two of us, more storage would mean more waste. So I cleaned out as much sentimental stuff as I could, and was happy with that. And we got a whole piece of furniture for the recycling or trash a few years ago, it´s necessary in this new, environmentally friendly world, really. Those drawers are very sexy, though. I have two drawers next to the fridge with just crap in them - I´m getting ideas now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooo, i love my pull-out trash bin. i used to keep my trash can under the sink, and now the pots and pans that used to be in the cabinet are under the sink, so i don't think i really accomplished anything. but i still love my pull-out trash cabinet. lol

      Delete
  4. Is there ever such a thing as too much kitchen storage space? Never the case at my place.

    On another note, I see Elizabeth stopped by. She has a great blog doesn't she? And she is so generous with her tutorials. I've been her fan for some time.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, i've been following her posts and just really fell in love with tea tuesday. i look forward to reading more from her.

      Delete