Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Knight of the Swords

The Knight of the Swords is the first in Michael Moorcock's "swords trilogy" featuring Corum, the Prince in the Scarlet Robe. I had picked up the 2nd and 3rd in the series some time ago, and The Younger Son found this one for me the last time we went to the used book store. You can see the cover of my edition here. It won the Derleth Award in 1972. This reminds me just a bit of Conan. I'm looking forward to the next 2.

from the back of the book:
By creating Man, the universe had betrayed the old races. Spreading like a pestilence across the Earth. Man destroyed the Vadhagh and the Nhadragh, the ancient peoples. Only Vadhagh Prince Corum remained to raise his sword, to avenge the slaughter of his family and race, to battle the unjust fate of a blind and deaf universe...

Moorcock has a Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment