Wednesday, July 05, 2017

Nocturna: Granddaughter of Dracula

Nocturna: Granddaughter of Dracula is a 1979 disco/comedy/vampire film, scattered throughout with the occasional nude bathing and sex scenes, very much a product of its time. I laughed all the way though this one. It was John Carradine's last time to play the Count, who has been forced to turn his castle into a hotel to pay the taxes. Yvonne De Carlo plays Dracula's old lover Jugulia Vein.

via Youtube:



Time Out concludes with this: "It's all terrible, but there's no indication that it's meant to be anything else. Only see it when you feel very, very silly."


3 comments:

  1. If you can laugh all the way through a horror film, then that is one I might actually like. Thanks for the review and links.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was waiting for a call and decided to pass the time watching this piece of fluff. I wonder if this was X rated. From the opening credits on, I felt like I was in a disco time warp. Yes, I laughed, too. Mostly from the horrible acting, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely campy. "disco time warp" is a perfect description! Various online sites say it was rated R at its release.

      Delete