Thursday, March 15, 2012

A Frolic of His Own



A Frolic of His Own is a 1994 National Book Award-winning William Gaddis novel.

This is my 3rd attempt to read this book. It wasn't the charm. I'll be donating my copy to the local Goodwill store so someone else can experience the challenge. Honestly, I don't mind a book that's not an easy read, but I don't want it to be a constant struggle.

Gaddis died of prostate cancer in 1998 when he was 75 years old. Wikipedia says he "is now often acknowledged as being one of the greatest of American post-war novelists." I'm going to quit while I'm ahead. As they say, "so many books, so little time". I have read that this book is his most readable, so if you want to go there you can buy your very own copy at Amazon, where the picture at the top of the post came from.

No comments:

Post a Comment