Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Summer Love/Dead Man's Bounty

Dead Man's Bounty is a Western of sorts starring Val Kilmer as the titular dead man. It is a 2006 Polish film but is in English. I told The Grandmother when it was over that it was the weirdest Western I'd ever seen, and she said she wasn't sure she'd call it a Western. I said that it had a sheriff, a whorehouse, horses, cowboy hats, threats of hangings, gunfights, men dressed in Old West attire and every indication it took place in the Wild West of yore. It's hard for me not to view it as a Western. But, then again, it's anything but a typical Western. The music adds another surreal touch.

An embeddable trailer that doesn't auto-play, is that too much to ask? Apparently so. I couldn't find a single one that didn't start playing an advertisement as the page loaded.

DVD Verdict says, "I don't think I've seen such a consistently acted genre picture in a while" and "any fan of Westerns since The Wild Bunch should probably see this picture". AMC has some information.

No comments:

Post a Comment