Sunday, March 13, 2016

Jackie Brown

Jackie Brown is a fun 1997 crime film starring Pam Grier. It also stars Samuel L. Jackson, Bridget Fonda, Michael Keaton, and Robert De Niro. This is Quentin Tarantino's third feature film.

trailer:


Rolling Stone calls it a "knockout" and says, "Loaded with action, laughs, smart dialogue and potent performances, Jackie Brown is most memorable for its unexpected feeling." Empire Online closes with this: "Tarantino has once again defied the critics and produced a movie that solidly establishes him as still the most important filmmaker of the decade."

Roger Ebert gives it a positive review and says, "You savor every moment of "Jackie Brown.'" The Rotten Tomatoes critics rating is 87%.

6 comments:

  1. We have seen this a couple of times and we love it. So many great actors and a good plot. I don´t like everything Tarantino does, but some of his will be (or already are) classics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tarantino is a director worth trying. I'm like you that I like some better than others, but I want to try them all. Have you seen his latest? I'll pick it up once it's available at a decent price on DVD.

      Delete
    2. "The hateful eight"? No, I have not, but it seems to have done well here over Christmas. It was all Star Wars for me, but I´m sure we will see it eventually.

      Delete
    3. Yes, I had some interest in seeing it in the theater, but not enough to actually do it.

      Delete
  2. I never got to see that film, but Tarantino is one of my favorite directors. I remember I saw Pulp Fiction and someone asked why there had to be so much violence. I thought the guy didn't get it. I am sorry I missed this one. Tarantino sure likes Jackson.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son found this one on dvd for cheap at the local shop. I love those bargain bins. It's interesting how some directors like working with certain actors.

      Delete