Thursday, March 31, 2016

Cherry Blossoms


I went to the Memphis Botanic Gardens just in time to get pictures of the cherry trees in bloom before the heavy rains, wind, and thunderstorms which were predicted and which have begun as I write this at 10:30 Wednesday night. The blossoms just don't last through "falling weather" -as my grandmother used to call it- much less wind. We're even under a tornado watch right now, though I don't really expect much from that. The storm's not too bad so far, though you never can tell....



The cherry trees are planted all along Cherry Road, which runs between the Botanic Garden and the golf course.


There are some cherry trees inside the garden proper, too


along with beautiful tulips:


which I don't imagine will hold up well through this weather, either. I remember Mother loving these trees. She would drive down that road at least once every year while they were in bloom until she quit driving, and after that we went together. They are just stunning.

4 comments:

  1. How gorgeous! I think cherry blossoms are so pretty because they are so delicate and really spring like. Lucky you to go see them, and lucky you got to see them with so many still blooming on the trees. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The storm here wasn't as bad as predicted, so it's possible they survived it. I hope so! They do help make the season here :)

      Delete