Saturday, March 27, 2010

I Was a Teenage Werewolf

I saw I Was a Teenage Werewolf as part of the Sivads of March film festival at the Brooks Museum. I hadn't seen it before. It's a 1957 horror film starring Michael Landon (not a big draw for me) and Whit Bissell (who was a Time Tunnel regular; was in The Time Machine, Soylent Green, The Magnificent Seven, The Caine Mutiny, The Lost Continent; and has an original series Star Trek connection). Whit Bissell I like.

"Help me, doctor, please!"

trailer:



1,000 Misspent Hours says it "hasn’t aged particularly well," which is an understatement, and concludes,
Were it not for Dr. Brandon, a far more active agent of evil, the movie would have had nothing at all to threaten its characters with. The mistakes aren’t severe enough to be lethal, but they still take an awful lot out of the film.
Moria doesn't seem to want to recognize how bad this movie is, giving it 3 stars while saying,
I Was a Teenage Werewolf is not particularly great or even that good a film, but it does carry a good deal of anger. The title concept makes for an amazingly powerful metaphor and that alone carries the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment