Thursday, March 08, 2007

Mysteries for Theologians

I had never been much of a mystery reader, but a couple of years ago I decided to test-drive the genre and found out I liked a lot of it. The list at the Faith-Theology blog includes several I've read. I'm picking the others up as I find them at local used book stores.

The list:

* The Innocence of Father Brown, G. K. Chesterton (1911)
* The Big Sleep, Raymond Chandler (1939)
* Murder on the Orient Express, Agatha Christie (1934)
* Gaudy Night, Dorothy L. Sayers (1935)
* The Name of the Rose, Umberto Eco (1984)
* The Dumas Club, Arturo Perez-Reverte (1993)
* Miss Smilla’s Feeling for Snow, Peter Hoeg (1993)
* Death in Holy Orders, P. D. James (2001)
* Black and Blue, Ian Rankin (1997)
* Morality for Beautiful Girls, Alexander McCall Smith (2002)

No comments:

Post a Comment