Tuesday, October 06, 2015

Tea Hour

Tea Hour:


is a 1908 painting by Hans von Bartels, a German painter, who was born on Christmas Day in 1856 and died on October 5, 1913. He was part of the Düsseldorf school of painting He painted in both oil and water color and is mainly known for his pictures of fishing life. I find this a homey scene, a cozy family gathering at a sunny window. I'm sure the life was hard, but they seem to appreciate their blessings.

Please join the T for Tuesday party that happens every week at Bleubeard and Elizabeth's blog. She's got a cheering photo of the fire in her chiminea.

11 comments:

  1. Feels like that´s a really warm light coming through the windows. I like how the man with the child on his lap has his feet up on the chair, it really looks so informal and relaxed. Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how the yellow warms the scene... thank you so much for sharing this for tea. Hugs ! deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the painting, it looks cozy. Some of his pictures are here in the Art Museum in Düsseldorf. Happy T Day and have a good week, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely painting - looks as though I'll be googling later! Happy T day! Chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always find the best tea related paintings. I like the soft edges, looks very "homey".

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have to google him... super painting! Thank you for sharing!
    oxo
    Susi
    Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always enjoyed his paintings and you're so right about it looking as if they are enjoying themselves and relaxing ♥ Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. inspirational painting

    ReplyDelete
  9. a beautiful, rich painting. Thanks for sharing and a happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. One of my favorite eras, and I'm sure Valerie knows a lot about him, since she lives near his home. This is a lovely painting, and I'm glad you found it for us for T this Tuesday. Your host is very, very late visiting today, and for that I apologize. I hope you had a great T day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello and Happy T Day, sorry to be late. What a lovely painting, a cozy family enjoying tea together sounds good to me. Thanks for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete