Today (3.14) is Pi Day. 1:59 will be Pi Minute, making it 3.14159. Pi Second will be 3/14,1:59:26. Don't worry if you missed it; you can always observe Pi Approximation Day on July 22. Pi Day has an official site. Last year there was a Facebook event, but I don't see such a thing for this year's observance. There's a Facebook group. The Exploratorium is having its 22nd annual celebration of the day. They have a link to a celebration in Second Life. There are some suitable song lyrics here. You might want to tell some jokes, like
Congress even took some time away from its busy schedule to declare it officially:
- Question: What do you get when you take the sun and divide its circumference by its diameter?
- Answer: Pi in the sky by and by.
Resolved, That the House of Representatives--
(1) supports the designation of a `Pi Day' and its celebration around the world;
(2) recognizes the continuing importance of National Science Foundation's math and science education programs; and
(3) encourages schools and educators to observe the day with appropriate activities that teach students about Pi and engage them about the study of mathematics.
But let's not talk about the Bible saying that pi=3, ok?