Wednesday, November 21, 2012

7 Grandmasters

7 Grandmasters is a 1978 Taiwanese Kung Fu movie. I find this a bit tedious, and the lauded fight scenes aren't enough to make this worthwhile for me. The music is overbearing and intrusive in a cheerfully Western way. It heavily covers some scenes to the point I had trouble attending to anything else, only to disappear completely for the next scene. I feel like I need relief from the comic relief.

via youtube, dubbed in English:



HK Film concludes that it
might not be a true classic of the genre, but it does feature some very solid fight sequences, and the rest of the movie won't want to make you hit the fast-forward button. If you're a fan of old school kung fu movies and are looking for something new to check out, you could do a whole lot worse than this.
Rotten Tomatoes doesn't have a critics score, but the audience score is 83%.

No comments:

Post a Comment