Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Labor Day Picnic


We picked up Tops BBQ and took it to Audubon Park for a picnic lunch yesterday. The weather was beautiful! Sunny and pleasant. We found a nice table on the Goodlett side and enjoyed people-watching and nature and bbq.

I've spent a lot of time in this park over the years. When I was little, there was a splash pool where the playground in the picture below is now. There was an old retired fire engine beyond that, which was fun to climb on.


The splash pool and fire engine are long gone; but this park has a 1-mile walking trail that sees fairly constant use, a multi-station fitness area on the trail, the pavilion and playground you can see in the photo above, plenty of benches, scattered picnic tables and a few grills. There is a steady effort to keep new trees planted so as the older ones die there are trees growing to a larger size to keep the shade canopy over the park.


There are pictures of people on the walking trail here.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous park. One of my friends walks here a lot. I would if I had the time. I walk at Harbor Town near the river and in my own neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete