Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Birth, the Life and the Death of Christ

La Vie du Christ (The Birth, the Life and the Death of Christ in the U.S.) is a 1906 big budget film directed by Alice Guy. This series of vignettes from the life of Christ begins with Mary and Joseph seeking shelter in Bethlehem.. There are no subtitles or inter-titles in the version embedded below, and you have to already know the story to make sense of the scenes. The imdb site says this is 20 minutes long, but each of the parts below is 15 or 16 minutes long, so I don't know where that 10 minute discrepancy figures. That's a big difference in a film this length.

We get Veronica in this one, too. I hadn't realized she was included so often.

(2/17/2010: The films below have been removed, and I can't find this anywhere...)
Daily Motion has it online in 2 parts. Part 1:

part 2:


I'm having trouble finding anything on this film. I can't find where it's available on DVD.

No comments:

Post a Comment