Saturday, February 10, 2024

An Angel at My Table (film)

An Angel at My Table (Max) is an award-winning 1990 biographical drama film directed by Jane Campion. The film is based on Janet Frame's autobiographies and and is divided into three parts. It follows Frame beginning with her years growing up in a poor family, through her years in a mental institution, and into her writing years afterwards. I tend to avoid films based on true stories, but for some reason I watched this one. It's one of those movies I wish I'd seen years earlier. That said, her life was horrifying, and this film is hard to watch. There were times I cried and some times I had to look awawy. I'm glad it ended well for her, but what it took for her to get there will break your heart.

trailer:



*******

No comments:

Post a Comment