Friday, November 13, 2009

Margaret Wise Brown


Today is the anniversary of the death in 1952 of Margaret Wise Brown, who was one of our favorite authors when the kids were little. Our favorites of her books were The Runaway Bunny, Goodnight Moon and The Little Fur Family, which we had a little fur-covered edition of. We also liked Christmas in the Barn, the old edition with illustrations by Barbara Cooney; A Child's Goodnight Book; Seven Little Postmen... Although she died before I was born and her books must have been available when I was little, I don't remember them from my childhood. But oh! what wonderful memories I have of reading these to my own children. She has a web site here. There's no Facebook fan page, but there are 2 Facebook groups, the larger of which is here.

I see the photo at the top of this post all over the place, including at this site.

2 comments: