Monday, October 19, 2009

Italian Horror Blogathon


Hugo Stiglitz Makes Movies is hosting an Italian Horror Movie Blogathon, and I am looking forward to discovering lots of opportunities to broaden my horizons. (Some of their blogathon submissions are being posted at this link.) (It looks now like they're archiving the participating blog posts here. There are lots of films mentioned that I will be looking into in the future.) I'm slowly but surely raising my horror movie awareness, especially during October of each year, and I'm sure this blogathon will be an education for me.

These are the horror films (most of which are viewable online) I have blog posts on that seem to suit the theme:

Caltiki, the Immortal Monster (1959)
Black Sunday (1960)
Atom Age Vampire (1963)
Black Sabbath (1963)
Bloody Pit of Horror (1965)
Nightmare Castle (1965)
Planet of the Vampires (1965)
The She Beast (1966)
The Beyond (1981)

Images Journal offers an overview of the "golden age" of Italian gothic horror cinema. Wikipedia has a list. There is a Facebook page devoted to the subject. Horror-wood.com has a history.

No comments:

Post a Comment