Monday, September 26, 2016

Exercises for Hand, Wrist, and Forearm Strength

I'm determined not to waste away. Don't laugh, it feels like a real possibility as I sit here getting older. I'm doing what I can to keep myself strong enough to maintain my independence as I age. In this post I'm focusing on exercises I do that strengthen hands, wrists and forearms.

This is a 5-minute video by a couple of physical therapists who have a Youtube channel I subscribe to:



This is a 7-minute video by an orthopedic surgeon:



Doctor Jo has a finger strengthening exercise that uses a rubber band:



I also have hand weights (1, 3, 5, and 8 pd weights), a set of those little squeeze-y balls, and a hand grip I use.


I do exercises aimed at strengthening my hands, wrists, and forearms 3 times a week.



2 comments:

  1. These look easy enough to do and incorporate into daily life. I do a lot of knitting and I keep telling myself that is enough to keep hand problems at bay. I don't suppose it is though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might be. I don't do any kind of hand work, though I keep telling myself I should learn to knit or crochet. So many people enjoy it.

      Delete