Wednesday, April 20, 2016

The Last Witch Hunter

The Last Witch Hunter is a 2015 Vin Diesel fantasy film. He stars as an immortal tasked with finding and delivering up witches to the council for judgment. Michael Caine is his priest/handler/chronicler, and Elijah Wood is a younger priest in training for that position. There is a well fleshed-out background mythology rooted in witchcraft and plague and struggling humanity. This is a fun film, interesting throughout (I never once looked at the time), and definitely different. There are hints of a sequel, and I'd pay to see it in the theater.

trailer:


The Roger Ebert site says, "Many films try and fail to pull off the kind of densely over-plotted action-fantasy that director Breck Eisner ("The Crazies," "Sahara") nails in "The Last Witch Hunter.""

2 comments:

  1. I think I've seen the trailer on tv. Not lately, but last year, perhaps. Since I'm a big fan of Vin Diesel, this might be one I would enjoy. Your review sounds good, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm also a big fan of Vin Diesel :) I'm ready for more Riddick! lol

      Delete