Saturday, April 26, 2014

Lockout

Lockout is a 2012 science fiction thriller. It involves political intrigue and breaking into a high security prison in Earth orbit to save the President's daughter. Fine viewing once, and it's interesting enough, but I can't see it warranting re-watching over time. Definitely worth watching once, though.

trailer:


Slant Magazine gives it 2 1/2 out of 4 stars and closes with this: "it's nothing more than a sporadically efficient, energetic genre retread, but one that, courtesy of Pearce's devil-may-care bravado, still proves to be moderately satisfying B-movie cheese." Empire Online gives it 2 out of 5 stars and concludes, "It’s just not quite as much fun as it should be, despite Pearce’s best efforts and some good chemistry with Grace. Unusually for an action thriller, this could have benefited from being just a little longer." Moria has a mixed review. DVD Talk calls it " a boatload of fun" and wants to see more of this hero. EW gives it a C and calls it "Too serious to be a parody and too stupid to be a viable action pic". Roger Ebert says, "I imagine the movie's intended audience will enjoy itself. I enjoyed myself in my own peculiar way." Rotten Tomatoes has a critics score of 38%.

1 comment:

  1. i can't imagine that spam comments reap any rewards for the spammer. this one went straight to the spam folder, and i just happened to see it. who falls for this kind of nonsense?

    latest spam post made: "I used tо Ьe suggested this blog ƅy meanѕ οf my cousin.
    I'm noա nߋt certain whetheг thіs submit
    is written Ƅy hіm аs ոo օne else knoա ѕuch detailed аbout
    mƴ trouble. Ύou're incredible! Thɑnks!

    Ηere is my web-site:"

    ReplyDelete