Sunday, April 06, 2014

Cancer Sucks!

Specifically non-Hodgkins Lymphoma sucks. I don't have it, but a family member does, and the fact that it's curable is the only bright spot. Admittedly, that's a hugely blindingly bright bright spot! It's a shame when you have a cure that makes you feel worse before it cures you, but it's such a blessing that it does cure you. We're feeling extremely grateful for that right now.

An online chapel with a 20-minute guided contemplative prayer video is here at ContemplativePrayer.net. Sometimes I find it helpful.

Oddly, I keep worrying about how I'm going to keep Mother from finding out. Since Mother died about 4 months ago, this makes no sense at all.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, for someone with a Ph.D, I'm really uninformed when it comes to diseases. I hope your family member gets better sooner rather than later, but a cure is a good thing.

    As for your mother, sometimes it's hard to let go, even when you know they are gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thx :) it's so hard to believe she's gone.

      Delete
  2. I am so sorry to hear this, and relieved that it can be treated. I hope he or she will get better soon. Can´t imagine how hard this must be for you all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he went through successful treatment for this same cancer over 20 years ago, and they've made many advances since then. that "cure" word is a good one, but it was such a surprise when it happened again. it could be worse, though, so we're grateful this is the curable kind.

      Delete