Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Films

We've always been at a loss for movies that take place at Thanksgiving, especially if we wanted something a bit cheerful. To be honest, we gave up the quest years ago when the parades were better and The Husband had cable for his Turkey Day sports fix. When I ran across this post naming a few Thanksgiving movies I thought I'd try to put together my own list. I found a lot more Thanksgiving movies out there than I realized there were. Maybe we'll even watch one, since the parades have turned into advertisements for sit-coms we've never heard of and the sports are unwatchable on our cable-free, digitally-impaired TV. Or maybe I'll wait and have a Thanksgiving Movie Month next year...

Jerky Turkey (1945)
Holiday for Drumsticks (1949, Daffy Duck)
The Little Orphan (1949, Tom & Jerry)
Mouse on the Mayflower (1968)
Alice's Restaurant (1969)
A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving (1973)
The Waltons: The Thanksgiving Story (1973)
Hannah and Her Sisters (1986)
Planes Trains and Automobiles (1987)
Avalon (1990)
Dutch (1991)
Scent of a Woman (1992)
Son-in-Law (1993)
Home for the Holidays (1995)
The War at Home (1996)
The House of Yes (1997)
The Ice Storm (1997)
What's Cooking (2000)
National Lampoon's Thanksgiving Family Reunion (2003)
Tadpole (2002)
Pieces of April (2008)

2 comments:

  1. I'm surprised I have seen quite a few of these. Thanks for the list. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised there were so many Thanksgiving movies. I need to try more of these, but I forget about them.

      Delete