Sunday, October 14, 2007

The Wolf Man

The Wolf Man, the classic 1941 horror film starring Lon Chaney, Jr. (Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man and other horror movies as well as the Bob Hope comedy My Favorite Brunette and High Noon), is a sad and tragic story.
"The way you walked was thorny through no fault of your own, but as the rain enters the soil the river enters the sea, so tears run to a predestined end. Your suffering is over. Now you will find peace for eternity."

Also starring: Claude Rains, Bela Lugosi and Maria Ouspenskaya, whom I did really love in Love Affair.
Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.

Youtube has this online is segments which should autoplay from here:



I've seen The Wolf Man before.
It's one of my favorites of these old horror movies, and I always enjoy it.

1/23/2008: Film Fanatic has a review.
8/21/2009: A Vault of Horror has an article that says, "The Wolf Man is a revered classic from the golden age of horror, and with good reason."

10/5/2009: The Husband and I watched this tonight. It continues to be one of my favorites. We have the Legacy Collection edition of this film.

No comments:

Post a Comment