Friday, January 27, 2017

Captain America: Civil War

Captain America: Civil War is a 2016 superhero film. It is what you'd expect, so if you like that kind of thing you'll like this. I like that kind of thing.

trailer:


The NYT calls it a "very crowded, reasonably enjoyable installment in the Avengers cycle" and says, "“Captain America: Civil War” does not in any way transcend the conventions of the genre. On the contrary: It succeeds because it doesn’t really try." Slash Film says it's "a sharp, astounding, action-packed summer blockbuster that’s the kind of superhero movie you’ve been waiting to see your whole life."

Roger Ebert's site gives it 3 out of 4 stars and says, "this is a satisfying film that takes its characters but not itself seriously, and mixes sequences of wonder, visual wit and pathos in with the world-building and dramatic housekeeping." Rotten Tomatoes has a critics score of 90%.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you and the critics liked this. I like this type of movie, too. I'll wait till it comes out on tv, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We picked up a dvd. We can usually find sales or used copies fairly inexpensively. The commercials are what we don't like on tv :(

      Delete
  2. I like that kind of movie too. I've seen it and although I liked the first Captain America better, I do like the dark side to this one. Glad you reviews it. :) Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a big fan of the good-guys-fight-each-other plots, but this was fine. I liked the first one better, too :)

      Delete
  3. It's on Netflix streaming right now, so I can have a little escape movie today. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete