Monday, August 11, 2008

Tourist Season

I started Tourist Season by Carl Hiaasen while I was on our recent vacation, but my Arkansas trip bore no resemblance to murderous goings-on in the Florida Everglades.

from the back of the book:
The only trace of the first victim was his Shriner's fez washed up on the Miami beach. The second victim, the head of the city's chamber of commerce, was found dead with a toy rubber alligator lodged in his throat. And that was just the beginning... Now Brian Keyes, reporter turned private eye, must move from muckraking to rooting out murder... in a caper that will mix football players, politicians, and police with a group of fanatics and a very hungry crocodile.


This is the 2nd Hiaasen book I've read, and the styles are similar. The descriptions I've seen of his writing emphasize the crime and suspense, but what stands out to me are the humor and the satire. These are fun reads.

No comments:

Post a Comment