Wednesday, February 21, 2018

In the Loop

In the Loop is a 2009 political satire/black comedy starring Peter Capaldi. It spears the beginning of the Iraq war.

via Youtube:



The New York Times calls it "a sharply written, fast-talking, almost dementedly articulate satire on modern statecraft". The Guardian calls it "superb".

Slate Magazine says, "It's The War Room (the 1993 documentary about Bill Clinton's upstart campaign strategists), but shot in the war room of Dr. Strangelove" and praises Capaldi's performance as "the jewel in this movie's comic crown." Rotten Tomatoes has a critics score of 94%.

12 comments:

  1. This is a good comedy - I watched it in German version on netflix recently!
    Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't heard of it before, but it was fun to watch :)

      Delete
  2. I am off to watch it now. It sounds like something I will really enjoy. Thanks for the review and the link.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it. It's hard not to translate some of it into the present day :(

      Delete
  3. Sounds like an interesting comedy 😁. However the pie on your previous post caught my eye again and distracted me ...lol 😉. Enjoy the rest of your week! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that pie made a good breakfast for several days ;)

      Delete
  4. Peter Capaldi is a great actor, and this sounds very interesting. I'll check out the link.
    Thanks,
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish he'd lasted longer as Doctor Who.

      Delete
  5. I hate to say it but what we have in real life right now is probably not that much different than this satire. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to watch it and not think about what's going on these days. I'm watching Trump's speech at CPAC on tv right now and am stunned at some of what he's saying :(

      Delete
  6. I like Peter Capaldi. Political satire is interesting tongue and cheek way to talk politics .Did you see the X Files a few weeks ago with the truth versus fake news episode? (Sorry, I can't think of the episode title). It was great. Happy weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! X Files is being quite current. I'm impressed :)

      Delete