Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Haunted (1995)

Haunted is a 1995 ghost story based on a James Herbert novel by the same name. It stars Aidan Quinn (who plays Captain Tommy Gregson in the tv series Elementary), Kate Beckinsale, Anthony Andrews, Sir John Gielgud, and Anna Massey. In it a young man is haunted by the memory of his twin sister, who died as a child. Or is it more than a memory that haunts him? I tend to like ghost stories, and this one is well done if you don't mind the deliberate pace which I think adds to its effect.

trailer:



quote: "If you want my opinion, there are no ghosts, no spirits, no angels. There is only the longing that there should be to ease our pain and our fears."

Moria gives it a mixed review. Rotten Tomatoes has a critics score of 80%.

2 comments:

  1. I see that this is in the saved list on Netflix for DVD rental and added it in. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the horror movies that have ghost themes. I hope you like it :)

      Delete