Saturday, March 04, 2017

Timestalkers

Timestalkers is a 1987 science fiction film, a made-for-tv movie starring William Devane, Klaus Kinski, Lauren Hutton, John Ratzenberger, Forrest Tucker, Tracey Walter, and Tim Russ (who played Tuvok on Star Trek: Voyager). This was Tucker's final film, and he died before it aired. From the title you know there's a time travel element here, which is a trope I avoid. This movie didn't convert me. In fact, as tempting as Forrest Tucker and Klaus Kinski are, I didn't watch it all, skipping through it and sampling scenes.

via Youtube:


The New York Times concludes that it "manages to be disarming by never pretending to be more than it is -a cleverly devised bit of entertainment."


3 comments:

  1. I love time travel movies and books! I think I watched this on TV long ago and far away--LOL! I will have to peek at it again. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I had watched it years ago on TV. Was a little campy even back then. Kind of like a B-movie from the old drive-ins. LOL! Was a hoot. Thanks. :)

      Delete
    2. It got good reviews, and the cast -that cast!- is great. I just find myself critiquing time travel plots lol. A prejudice from my early science fiction reading, I think.

      Delete