Wednesday, March 08, 2017

Spring at the Memphis Botanic Gardens


These photos are from a visit late last month. The seasonal flowers were some beginnings of daffodils:


There were also some flowering trees:




and flowering shrubs:



There's an island in the center of the lake, and if you look closely in the photo below you can see a heron there in front of the rock at the center right:


There are a lot of turtles and koi in that shot, too. I got closer shots of the koi in another section of the lake:




I parked near the Succulent Garden, which -oddly- is actually out in the parking lot:


I love this park. It's close, and I go fairly often.

10 comments:

  1. These are simply incredible photos and I enlarged each one to see them even more closely. Thanks for this trip to the Botanical Gardens in Memphis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a treat for me since I don't have a yard. It's kinda like a community back yard :)

      Delete
  2. OMGosh! Spring already your way?! That was amazing to see all the flowers blooming. Love the turtles and the koi, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We _thought_ spring was here for good, but now they're predicting snow, a hard freeze, and a low in the teensF on Saturday lol. Around here, if you don't like the weather you just have to wait a few days for it to change.

      Delete
  3. Wow- you are officially in springtime! Lucky you. These flowers are gorgeous and that looks like a day I would like to have. Beautiful flowers. :) Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like our spring may get some ice over the weekend. I hate to think what it'll do to the cherry tree buds :( I'll have to bring my plants back inside, but weather here is unpredictable in the spring lol

      Delete
  4. I can see why you visit this park often, it is so beautiful! It looks like spring has sprung in your part of the world, the flowers and blooms are stunning. Enjoy the rest of your week! J :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The succulent garden in the parking lot seems like awful good planning. Needing the least amount of care and water it seems like a time and money saver.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure that was the thinking, but it makes it hard to get photos that don't include cars. It's a small narrow bed, and most people don't ever realize it's there because of its location. On the other hand, you don't have to pay the admission charge to see it :)

      Delete