Sunday, January 15, 2017

The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel is a 2015 sequel to the 2012 movie. We liked that first one so much we went out the next day and bought this. We were doubtful it could live up to that initial experience, and it wasn't as good as the original; but we enjoyed it and would definitely watch another episode in this tale of elderly and financially-pressed Brits retiring to India.

trailer:



The NYT likes the cast, but doesn't have much good to say otherwise. Rolling Stone gives it 2.5 out of 4 stars and calls it "basically the same movie as the 2012 original without the novelty."

Rotten Tomatoes has a critics score of 63%. Roger Ebert's site gives it 1.5 out of 4 stars, calling it "listless".

2 comments:

  1. I haven't seen the second one yet. Mainly because I am not a Richard Gere fan. Love the rest of the cast, though, so it is on my long list and I will watch it eventually. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even know he was in it when I picked it up lol

      Delete