Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Frankenweenie (2012)

Frankenweenie is the 2012 remake of the 1984 short film by the same name. Tim Burton directs. This is good, especially if you're looking for a horror film but don't want anything gory or scary.

trailer:



The New York Times describes it as an "Homage to Horror Classics". Time Out gives it 3 out of 5 stars.

Horror News says,
If you’re a lover of the classic monsters then you can’t go wrong with shelling out a few bucks to see “Frankenweenie” ... It touches upon all of the hallmarks that made those films so memorable to this day and entertains those that might not be familiar with those classics of the 30’s at the same time.
Roger Ebert says, "This isn't one of Burton's best, but it has zealous energy." Rotten Tomatoes has a critics score of 87%.

4 comments:

  1. I always wanted to see this. Tim Burton films are some of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can watch it online through one of those video-on-demand rental services, but we just picked up a used DVD. Burton is a bit hit-or-miss for me, but I liked this one.

      Delete
  2. I've always liked most of Tim Burton's films. His movies have a quirky sense of humor, too. I'm glad you liked it, and reviewed it for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has a sweetness to some of his movies that appeals to me :)

      Delete