Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale

Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale is a 2010 award-winning Finnish movie, a dark fantasy/horror film described by Wikipedia as being "about people living near the Korvatunturi mountain who discover the secret behind Santa Claus". This is fascinating! You can watch it free on Tubi.

trailer:


The New York Times says this movie is "as black as anything the Brothers Grimm could have dreamed up" and says, "adults will enjoy the exuberantly pagan images and deadpan humor." The Guardian concludes, "Intriguing fun and very resourceful."

Empire Online says, "this offers very black humour and a strange mix of revisionist mythology, gruesome horror and authentic Christmas spirit." io9 calls it, "the most disturbingly awesome Christmas movie ever".

Roger Ebert gives it 3.5 out of 4 stars. Rotten Tomatoes has a critics rating of 89%.


4 comments:

  1. OMGosh! I saw this a couple of years ago. Very weird tale, to say the least. LOL!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, so weird! Definitely a bit of a different look at jolly ol' Santa lol

      Delete
  2. I've never heard of it, but the trailer has piqued my interest. Yes, I could not only see it, I could play it as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I came across it looking for Christmas movies I hadn't already seen. This one is a unique take. It's a lot of fun to watch.

      I'm so glad your new computer is working out for you :) yayeee!

      Delete