Tuesday, August 16, 2016

The Impressionist Revolution: Forty Years of French Art at the Dixon


This exhibit, which closed back in July, was part of the celebration of the Dixon Gallery's 40th year. Their website says,
The incredible examples of painting and sculpture on view in The Impressionist Revolution illustrate how Dixon’s permanent collection is perfectly poised to tell the story of Impressionism, from its roots to its lasting influence.
I loved seeing all these works on display. I do have my favorites, of course, but decided to highlight 3 of the works that included drink-related elements so I could share it for T Tuesday (see link at the bottom of this post).

Cafe Interior by Jean-Louis Forain (1852-1931), exhibited in the 4th Impressionist exhibition in 1879:



The Picnic
by Georges Seurat (1859-1891):



Le Dejeuner sur l'herbe
by Auguste Clot:


While I was there I walked through the gardens. The cutting garden:



The back lawn:


Near the entrance there's a Little Free Library:


I have a membership to this place and go often. It's just delightful!

Please join the weekly T Tuesday gathering hosted by Bleubeard and Elizabeth at their Altered Book Lover blog.

11 comments:

  1. It looks a wonderful place to spend a few hours and get away from the world, really beautiful. Thanks for sharing the photos. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed the peek at these Impressionists...there are a couple that are new to me, wonderful work. The garden shots are quite beautiful! Happy T day...♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful place to visit! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely setting for the Gallery. It must be a fantastic place to visit.
    Happy Tuesday.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you hadn't linked today, I would NOT have known you had a new post. You and several others have blogs that are NOT updating on my sidebar.

    I have seen the Seurat in Kansas City when it was on tour back in the late 80s. It's a beauty. Impressionist painters are my favorite.

    Thanks for sharing these gorgeous works of art with us for T this Tuesday. I'm so glad you are a member of this museum because I know that means we'll see more of the grounds over time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful place to visit, full of inspiration - both inside in the Gallery and outside in the surrounding gardens! I can see why you often, it looks so delightful :-). Wishing you a Happy T Day! J :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oops, it should read ... I can see why you visit often, it looks so delightful :-). Happy T Day! J :-)

      Delete
  7. Wow-what a great day out you had. That art is gorgeous and the grounds are amazing. And what a clever T post. I love it. Happy T Day. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a really lovely place to visit both inside and out!
    Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a peaceful place to visit. I can see why you go back often. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks lovely. Great to have places like that you can visit.
    Happy T day...really late.

    ReplyDelete