Saturday, February 21, 2015

Top 10 Sci-Fi Movies

Amazing Stories Magazine has a list of Top 10 Sci-Fi Films (via SF Signal):
1. Blade Runner (1982)
2. The Matrix (1999)
3. Inception (2010)
4. Superman (1978)
4. The Dark Knight Rises (2012)
5. Signs (2002)
6. The Sixth Sense (1999)
7. Shaun of the Dead (2004)
8. The Avengers (2012)
9. The Wizard of Oz (1939)
10. The Day After Tomorrow (2004)
There are 2 #4s, so there are actually 11 on this list. I've seen 9 of the 11 listed. I do plan on seeing the 2 I haven't already seen. I'm not sure why that hasn't happened yet.

I would never put Signs on any kind of "best movies" list, simply because I feel it has a huge plot flaw that cannot be ignored.

4 comments:

  1. My favorite Sci Fi show of all time is also ASM's. I only have one question. Do Androids actually dream of Electric Sheep (grin)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are superhero movies really sci-fi? And a list of the ten best sci-fi films that does not include "2001", but the "Wizard of Oz"??? I strongly question ;-) the critera for selecting these films; I wouldn´t call any other than 1, 2 and 3 a sci-fi of any kind. "Blade Runner" is a good number one, though. Loved that film, saw it over and over. I think you will like "The Sixth Sense".

      Delete
    2. I might well buy Superman and other superhero movies as science fiction, but certainly not as the top films in a top 10 list. And wouldn't Shaun of the Dead be horror or comedy rather than science fiction? Signs -as an alien invasion film- is definitely science fiction, but it's so bad! This list is definitely a "favorite film" list rather than a "best film" list. I agree with you on Blade Runner: one of the best :)

      Delete