Saturday, March 29, 2014

Dog Sculpture


I saw this sculpture downtown but saw no plaque or any indication of who placed it there or who the artist was. I got a kick out of seeing these playful puppies.

Free parking is harder to find downtown than it used it be. Lately, I've given up looking and started parking here:


It's called Parking Can Be Fun, which I'm not buying, but it is fun to see a business make an effort to be a bit different.


The garage is centrally located and easy to get in and out of.

4 comments:

  1. I very rarely drive, but when I do I tend to go for garages as well, but that´s because they have engine preheaters, which I´m sure you have little use of where you are. We have had a good laugh here at casa Berg, at a "fun" parking house that looks, well, like a regular boring parking house! Like you say, good effort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i've never even heard of engine preheaters. i'm glad it never gets that cold around here. i'd be tempted to just never get out lol

      yes, i'm giving them an "a" for effort, and, of course, all my business :)

      Delete
  2. Amusing name. I suppose the parking part can be fun (of a sort) but how about when you pay for it? The last time I visited my Dr. it cost me almost $10 in the parking garage - and I there barely over an hour. There was no street parking available. If there had been then 25 cents gets you 10 minutes.

    Darla

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. parking can be expensive. this garage is one of the more reasonable places, so there's another good reason to go there. i think the max price was $6, which doesn't seem too bad

      Delete