Monday, June 03, 2013

Krull

Krull is a 1982 science fiction film featuring an evil alien defeated by a flamethrower powered by love. Having said that, I'll also say it was fun enough, I suppose, but I will never ever watch it again. I hear it has a cult following; I'm not joining. It was worth it to me to see Liam Neeson and Robbie Coltrane early in their careers.

The music is by James Horner (Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, Star Trek III: The Search for Spock, The Name of the Rose, An American Tail, Aliens, Willow, Field of Dreams, Glory, Searching for Bobby Fischer, Clear and Present Danger, Jumanji, Apollo 13, Braveheart, Titanic, A Beautiful Mind, House of Sand and Fog, Avatar....)

trailer:



Moria gives it 1 lowly star and says, "All the cliches unfold in an unimaginative straight line." 1000 Misspent Hours says, "From a storytelling perspective, this movie is a gigantic mess. At its core is one of the most purely generic renditions of the Hero’s Quest you’ll ever see." Stomp Tokyo calls it "a kindly enough fable with lush settings and decent action for its time." Empire Online gives it 2 out of 5 stars and calls it "All too derivative, but mildly distracting". BadMovies.org says, "No matter what "real" critics say, you can not get me to hate this film." Rotten Tomatoes has a critics score of 33%.

3 comments:

  1. I know I've seen this, but I for the life of me, I can't remember anything about it. Sounds like a great late night TV with a couple of beers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was that Alun Armstrong I saw there? Oh, this would be a perfect picture for me, alone, with a bowl of toffee and vodka. Can´t believe I missed it at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. tbm, yes, it's a great late-night entertainment.

    viktoria, armstrong plays the bandit leader. i wasn't familiar with him until i started looking up the actors who were in this movie.

    ReplyDelete